Friday, May 7, 2010

Instructors

We have a staff for the May lessons! I am confident in them, and excited about what they will be able to do.

Since I am running the show, and therefore responsible for all that happens, I will not be teaching. I will be walking around, checking in on the classes, and offering help when needed. I don't feel that I can adequately do both. I love teaching, but I also want as many children as possible to learn how to swim. This is the best way.

I have two lifeguards. C has taught lessons previously, but is more comfortable with the older children. Since we are lacking an advanced class in May, he will be guarding. S is the other lifeguard. He is wonderful with children, and will be a helper/guard. He will be mostly in the water, helping the instructors with the kids, and then hopefully gaining some experience to be able to start teaching in the June session.

I like that they are boys, since some children identify better with males. Especially since my 4 instructors are all girls!

C is training with me to teach, and I think she will be wonderful with the kids. The other C has teaching experience, and she very excited about the lessons. K has also taught for 4 years. B is on the swim team and she is also training with me to be a teacher. I think she will be very good as well.

I hope that my staff is happy with their job, and wants to come back and work with me again. I also hope that the kids like them, and that the parents are happy with the lessons.