Monday, May 10, 2010

Splash!

Well we have survived the first ever day of our swim lessons! My instructors did great, as well as the kids. And since they are almost as involved, the parents did a very good job, too!

I was thrilled with my instructors as they took charge, and I was happy to discover that they had all been placed with an age group that suits them well.

All of the children did great. I think out of 19, there was one child who did not go under the water. They all jumped - either with help or alone, but not forced, and they all seem to be at or above their assigned skill level. One of the beginner classes may even be promoted to an intermediate class after tomorrow!

While my first day jitters are over, I am still a little high strung about the remaining session, as well as those to come. I am hoping and praying that all goes well, and that we can make the parents happy, while teaching their children a very valuable skill.