Thursday, June 3, 2010

Post-Lesson Questions/ Comments; pt. 6

*you can see the previous issues addressed bellow*

Time. We have talked about time out of the water and standing around time. Now I am talking about instructor time.

As with any job, there are people who are early. People who are just on time. People who are late. People who you wonder if they realized that they are supposed to be anywhere.

I am an early person. I have a phobia of being dreadfully late, so more often that not, I am super early. I ask my staff to be to lessons at least 10min early.

I had one instructor get stuck in traffic the very first day. She was early each day after.

I had one instructor still in school, so he was consistently late. Not overly so, but it was definitely after the lessons had begun. He was a very reliable teacher and I would much rather have to wait on a good teacher than settle for an on-time mediocre one.

I will be reiterating the arrival time to my staff for this upcoming session, as well as giving them more responsibilities other than the lessons.

We are still finding our method. This is out first year. I am trying to do everything right, and must realize I cannot. Please bear with me - and my staff - as we are really trying hard to provide the best lessons possible for you.


1) Same gender instructors
2) Lifeguard attention
3) Out of water time
4) Skill progress
5) Not enough activity